Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel NUC5i3RYH, Windows 7 Update not installing important updates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 enjoyyy

enjoyyy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:57 AM

Hey guys,

Tonight i built and set up the aforementioned Nuc pc and installed windows 7. However some of the drivers arent installing like the integrated hd 5500 graphics driver and the engine management one. These 2 pop up in my windows update as "important updates" but i get failed messages when i try and install them.

Thank you,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

I regard Windows Update as a last resort for installing drivers, and suggest installing the drivers supplied by Intel for the board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83257/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3RYH

If you have had driver installs fail, it may be necessary to boot into Safe Mode and delete failed installations from Device Manager and install again if you continue to have installs fail.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 enjoyyy

enjoyyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:44 AM

I have tried from the intel website aswell but no success i will try the safemode option thank you.

#4 enjoyyy

enjoyyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:59 AM

Unfortunately i have tried deleting the drivers a reinstalling from the Intel website but it still didnt work. If it helps at all within the windows update feature it gives me these 2 error codes.

When i try and run the hd 5500 graphics driver latest version i get "Code error: 80070103"

When i try and run the management engine driver i get "Code: error 80240016"

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:54 AM

What items in Device Manager show a "bang" (yellow !)? What Display adapter is listed as installed? Did you install the Chipset driver package before proceeding with any other driver installs?

Edited by Platypus, 08 August 2016 - 07:57 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users