At work we do 2 things:
- attempt a System Restore to a point before this happened
- If that doesn't work, then we backup the data, wipe the hard drive, then reinstall Windows clean.
If you wish to troubleshoot the KSOD (Black Screen) issues further, be advised that:
- I have done this, and have spent weeks trying to fix them only to fail and have to wipe and reinstall
- there are so many different fixes that it's impossible to try them all. Search Google for black screen or black screen of death and you'll see
- in the old days (XP) this was a video issue. Since Vista came out there are too many different drivers/programs that affect the display - and that's why it's so hard to figure out.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.