Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Select all @ Ctrl+A Not working Windows 10 MS Word 2016+

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

Hi all, MS Word 2016+Key  Board Shortcut has quit " Select all - Ctrl + A "  is not working Windows 10 ? Yet it works using 'Word Pad' I bought the Word Only MS 2016 2 Months ago and it has never worked properly I have had online Logmein Repairs Reinstalls and It just won't Work so I am stuck with that Can Anyone help it only Quit a Week Ago so I dont think its the Program Itself Thanks  In Anti :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 August 2016 - 10:19 PM.
moved from Windows 10 Discussion to Windows 10 Support

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

It works fine on my laptop.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

You should completely MS Word 2016 using Revo Uninstaller then reinstall the latest version of the MS Word 2016. Don't forget to install updates for other Microsoft products.  Press Windows logo key  + key to open Settings and navigate to Update & Security  --> Advanced options place a check mark on "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when i update Windows"  check box.

Posted Image

#4 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:09 AM

Thanks Free Booter they have done that Online at Least 4 Times I have had online Log-me-in Repairs  and Re-installs and It just won't Work the Problems Just come Back ? Can Live with the other Problems and I know that going back and asking them again Is a waste of an Hour they just Log-Me-In -Delete Word2016 and Reinstall it

But I just wanted to Get "Select All" Ctrl + A so I will see if somone can come up with that answer Firs but if Not I will unsubscribe Thanks For Your Help it Is appreciated Dasha

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

You see using Revo Uninstaller you will delete all left over folders, files and registry keys for the MS Word 2016 as repair install will not delete MS Word 2016 settings and registry entries it will only reinstall MS Word 2016 files. Sorry but i don't understand Log-me-in Repairs did the person login to your computer remotely use the Revo Uninstaller program if yes then we need to have a look other options.

Posted Image

#6 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:40 PM

Thanks FreeBooter Yes they ran that thing called "LogMeIn" they took over the Computer' but whether they Used Revo or Not' I don't Know? Trouble is I don't Know if I can find the activation MS Word 16 Code I only bought the Word 2016 not the the entire Program or how to Go back and Repair and Install it so I will get my Head down now do as you suggested and come back ASAP thanks Dasha

#7 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:54 AM

Thanks FreeBooter, You were Right about Using Revo I could not Believe How Much there was there to get Rid of I won't even ask why the Online Help couldn't Get it Right  4 Times any way It working for the First Time like MS Word 2016 should

However Mate the < Select All - Ctrl + A  > Still isnt working so I don't Know what s Next can we try you other Options Please FreeBooter? Cheers Dazza

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

Keys for other keyboard layouts might not correspond exactly to the keys on a U.S. keyboard.
You can select all text by clicking Select --> Select All from Ribbon bar.
Use Ctrl + Shift with an arrow key to Select a block of text.
Select the beginning of the text you want to copy and at the end of the text you want to copy press Shift key and right click end of the word you want to copy to select all from first selected text to last selected text.  

2016-08-10%2014_42_28-_zps5yfyvgqp.png

Posted Image

#9 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:57 AM

:hello:   :thumbup2:  Thanks FreeBooter, I have just Learn't some Good Stuff. Thanks Very Much for Your Time and Your Abilities FreeBooter I appreciate all you that you have done for me, Until Next Time Cobba"  Cheers Dazza

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:27 AM

You are very welcome!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic