Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Office 15 Confusion and MS Word's Broken

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 applesauce10189

applesauce10189

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:04 AM

I say MS Office 15, that's what it is according to the files but it's "Office Home and Student 2013"

I had gotten it a couple years ago for online school on this laptop when I had windows 7 and it worked just fine, I recently upgraded to windows 10, then reinstalled and wiped the SSD and now decided to install Office again but there's a couple problems

First off there's just general confusion.

There's no desktop icon, nothing in any of the libraries with anything to do with Office, nothing relevant in appdata apart from a 1kb "RoamingCustom" .txt file, I checked program files and found a few .exe files but that's it. Another program I've used did the same thing, except the installer apparently acted as the .exe for the program after it had finished installing, but Office doesn't do this since I've run the installer several times now.

Here's a list of all the .exe files I bothered trying and what they did:

Program Files/Microsoft Office 15/root/office15

EXCEL.exe: Error: "We're sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now?" I don't bother clicking help, repair now and close do essentially the same thing.

excelcnv.exe: Literally nothing.

FIRSTRUN.exe: Runs through the installation messages, without actually installing.

ONENOTE.exe: Same error as Excel

POWERPNT.exe: Same error as OneNote and Excel, except the PowerPoint startup loading box stays open until you close the error.

WINWORD.exe: Same error as Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint. The loading box flashes open and closed just before the error appears.

Program Files/Microsoft Office 15/ClientX64

integratedoffice.exe: Said it had to close some programs first, then Word briefly appeared on the task bar and immediately closed and so did integratedoffice.exe

officec2rclient.exe: Literally nothing.

officeclicktorun.exe: Literally nothing.

I've reinstalled office several times now. I've also restarted my computer. No changes.

Microsoft Office Click-to-run is something I've found in processes using task manager, parenting its service but that's all I was able to find. I tried killing the process and seeing if WINWORD.exe would then work, but it still gave the same error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 applesauce10189

applesauce10189
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

Just gonna bump this thread seeing as it's been over a week and my problem hasn't changed.

#3 applesauce10189

applesauce10189
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:49 AM

Beginning to feel like this is the first time this forum's ever let me down.

#4 applesauce10189

applesauce10189
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

Welp, I've gone to microsoft support and they fixed my problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users