Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windowsblinds? Good Or Not?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:17 AM

Hi iv been recently thinking of downloading this program i found on download.com its called "windowblinds" it allows you to change apperences on your pc to look like VISTA or MAC OS TIGER! I think its really cool. Iv been planning to download it but i kind of get nervous when i downloads thing cause i got infected by downloading things before, but anyways i just wanted to know if this program is in the GREEN meaning WONT HARM YOUR PC OR MESS IT UP... So if anyone can spare a minute or two can you check it uot you can find it here:

http://www.download.com/WindowBlinds/3004-...tml?tag=tab_scr

Edited by zemoman, 15 August 2006 - 12:17 AM.

ROOTKITS BAD!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:25 AM

Toys like that take a lot of the resources your computer has available to it.

If you care about how fast your computer runs, do not add things like this which take a lot of processing and memory capacity.

I don't even use screensavers or keep any heavy graphics programs running in order to maximize the power of my computer to run aps I consider more important.

If you like the pretty pictures and are willing to trade off computer speed - go for it but if speed counts, stay away from those kinds of frills.

#3 zemoman

zemoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:44 AM

Well even though my computer can handle widows vista im sure it can handle windowsblinds but your right speed is more important. THANKSFOR YOUR HELP ENTHUSIAST!!!!!!!!
ROOTKITS BAD!

#4 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:46 AM

there was a xbox one i had and it made mine really slow. its gone now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users