Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 frequently freezes after OS reinstall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Windows10Frozen

Windows10Frozen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:00 PM

Hello,

A few days ago I decided to do a clean reinstall of W10 on my PC using the Windows media creation tool. Promptly after reinstalling the OS onto my PC it continuously freezes at random intervals of time after I start - up the computer and will remain on that state not being able to do anything, prior to the reinstall I have never encountered this problem. I have installed the manufacturer's drivers for my system but to not avail the system continues to crash. I have frequently checked the event viewer with no critical errors and the only noticeable error being;

'The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load: 

dam

EhStorClass'

Any help is appreciated and thank you for your time.

Computer specifications: 

CPU: AMD FX - 9590 (8 - core)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC 4GB 

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 

RAM: 16GB DDR3 Kingston Hyperfury 

EDIT - Attached requested files 

Admin.evtx - https://mega.nz/#!oEdjiJgC (Decryption key - !kU-ScATyHuRMOf7aUTmIriNt9JPmxJtuFgdD0H59UTk)

Attached Files

Edited by Windows10Frozen, 04 August 2016 - 08:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 Windows10Frozen

Windows10Frozen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:10 PM

Thank you for your quick response, I have uploaded the SynsnativeFileCollectionApp alongside the Admin.evtx which I had to upload to an external site as I 'didn't have permission to upload that type of file.' I was unable to upload the resource and performance monitor file as it isn't loading correctly (Stuck). 

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

I have no clue what to do with the Mega.nz site.

Please zip up the Admin log file (into an archive that ends in .zip) and upload that with your next post here.

It is best to generate the Admin log file immediately after recovering from a freeze.

Once the Admin logfile is posted, I'll see what's going on there.

If needed, then I'll use the Sysnative file at that time.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Windows10Frozen

Windows10Frozen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:35 AM

I have no clue what to do with the Mega.nz site.

Please zip up the Admin log file (into an archive that ends in .zip) and upload that with your next post here.

It is best to generate the Admin log file immediately after recovering from a freeze.

Once the Admin logfile is posted, I'll see what's going on there.

If needed, then I'll use the Sysnative file at that time.

Hello, thanks for responding to my post. I apologise that you couldn't download the file off the website. I've attached the zipped Admin log to this post, hopefully it provides some information regarding the hanging.

Attached Files

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:06 AM

No hard clues in the Admin logfile.

Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:41 AM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F2) dates from 2013.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

Again, as with the Admin log file, please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users