Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best way create an Internet store?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Qwertyn

Qwertyn

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

What is the best way create an Internet store?
I have some educational background in web programming, but never done a serious website. Maybe there is a system already well known as simple and good to make Internet stores? PayPal and good level of security should be included.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Qwertyn

Qwertyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:56 PM

Sales will be mostly in Canada and USA, but in general could be anywhere in the world.

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:49 PM

Are you looking for a DIY solution or the easiest solution? If you are paying a moderate amount for hosting, the hoster may offer a built in shopping cart plugin. If you want DIY, can you give some specifics on how you plan to design he page? Windows or Opensource? 

#4 Smsec

Smsec

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:53 PM

I've had a good experience with https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/. They're stuff is reasonably priced and they've got ASP and PHP versions so they'll run on Windows or Linux web servers. You choose a template and customize it and they take care of the back end coding. Their cart integrate with PayPal and many other payment processors. 

Edited by Smsec, 28 October 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#5 EGAN

EGAN

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:32 AM

I would recommend using a site like Big Commerce or Shopify if you can afford it. They make the whole setup and management process nice and easy, have a plethora of widgets, tools and apps you can install to your site to add all sorts of neat features to help you sell more.

One company I would strongly advise you avoid like the plague is Volusion. On the surface, they seem comparable to other e-commerce companies, but they're not on as stable grounds financially as are the other two I mentioned. This becomes relevant because they make it cost-effective to use their payment processor. Well problem here is that when they need money they'll pick out one of their weaker companies with decent sales volume and stop paying out revenue from sales basically daring those companies to go to Texas (or wherever they're located - I think it's Texas) and sue them in civil court in a battle that will cost more money than is being disputed and could take weeks.

Point is, they're ax extremely shady company whose Yelp reviews should tell you all you need to know about them.

#6 computer-newbie

computer-newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

It really depends on your internet store scale and what you are trying to sell. If it is a small scale, you can start using Amazon FBA or eBay or Etsy and create a blog then post your products links there. If you really want an internet store, Shopify is the most famous one, check it out. 

Perhaps you need to give us more details on what you are trying to do to give a better advice. Are you willing to pay for the services or just free? What is the scale of your store? There are definitely many existing systems out there but they might have different requirements to what your store would like to have.

#7 rhysharrison

rhysharrison

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Wordpress + Woocommerce is the best combo in my opinion. Simply purchase a domain name and some decent hosting & I would definitely recommend a premium theme. 

Compared to Shopify & the like, Woocommerce & WP are free so keeping your total costs to a minimum.

#8 managel

managel

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

If you're looking to get started right away without fuss then use Shopify.  Egan here suggested right. Other solutions will probably require you learn a lot of things or hire help. 

#9 TiffanyBush

TiffanyBush

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

There are many websites like supadupa, brandrow of which you can take help to create a store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users