Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser problems with Win 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimr28

jimr28

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:26 PM

For the last couple of weeks I have been unable to see icons and drop down menus in any browser.  In fact it looks as though the icon's are not completely downloading.  Menus appear as a single list on the left hand side of the screen.  I am using Windows 10 and have not seen this on other computers, except ones that are connected in my house.  I checked the router and do not see that it was updated recently.  I am at a loss to explain why PHP has seemed to stop working all of a sudden.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  As I have pulled out what little hair I had left.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 04 August 2016 - 05:32 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to Web browsing etc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Something is definitely abnormal as you appear to know.  First I'd open an administrator command prompt and issue this command:

sfc /scannow .  After that I'd download MalwareBytes, get it up to date, and do a scan.  The free version is fine for this purpose.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users