Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help IPhone hacked

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Isharimal

Isharimal

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

My IPhone was hacked i.e. someone made phonecalls to Serbia, I got my phone company's bill and there it was: for over 300$ phone calls !

Of course I contacted my company but they don't want to take any responsability, I do not intend to pay that.

Anyway, I'm wondering how can I protect my phone ? Should I make a restore to fabric settings, would that "clean" my phone ?

Honestly now I'm rather scared to use my phone.

Thanks so much for your help

Isharimal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:59 PM

My IPhone was hacked i.e. someone made phonecalls to Serbia, I got my phone company's bill and there it was: for over 300$ phone calls !

Of course I contacted my company but they don't want to take any responsability, I do not intend to pay that.

That seems to be more of social engineering attacks to get another SIM, rather than hacking your phone. Also, if your phone was off when those calls were made (like at night), then we can completely rule out the phone, unless your iPhone was jailbroken?

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 Isharimal

Isharimal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:27 AM

Hello,

Sorry I'm not very used to those special "technical terms*, anyway I looked it up to understand what you mean. So, if I understand you right,  someone now has a copy of my SIM card, right?

I have no clue how this happened, and my phone company is not helpful at all ! I think they could maybe make a resaerch, right ?

My phone is always on night and day., so even if it's off someone can still use it.

What should I do? Change the SIM card ?

#4 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

First off, tell your phone company to disable all the other SIM, and send you a new one.

Then, keep the phone off at whenever the calls occur the most. Then, contact your phone company and tell them to let you know if there were any phone calls made while your phone was off. That will rule out both SIM and the phone, just in case

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#5 Isharimal

Isharimal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

Thank you so much for your help ! I will do as you say and hopefully it won't occur again.

Isharimal

#6 Isharimal

Isharimal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:28 AM

Just one more question

I'm going to have my SIM card disabled and take a new one, will then all my contacts, apps ecc be deleted ?

is it safe to keep my actual phone number or should I change that too?

Thank you so much

Isharimal

Edited by Isharimal, 06 August 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#7 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

Its usually pretty safe :) The only thing you would need to be careful about is scam texts if scammers know your phone number

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#8 Isharimal

Isharimal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

Ok then, thanks a lot !

Isharimal

#9 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

No problem!

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users