Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Taralynn56

Taralynn56

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

When I try to open a 2nd window or a 2nd app, like my calculator, it will not stay on top. I have to minimize my browser or whatever I have open to see the calculator. 

If I open settings, it will not stay on top or if If I open notifications, I have to hold down my mouse button to be able to click something in it..or it closes right away.   My password box would not stay open either, however since deleting it and using TrueKey it seems to stay open more often.  

I hope I am explaining myself right.  

I have a 2 yr old VAIO, they sent me the windows 10 upgrade and its 64 bits. 6 gigs of ram and 600 gigs 

Is there a solution? 

I read about a few apps that may help, but worry about them being bloated with crap that pops up all over the place..

I do appreciate anyone's time they can give me.....Tara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

Is there a one program that always stay on top of others even when you run a new program.

Posted Image

#3 Taralynn56

Taralynn56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

No, all of them go behind whatever window I have opened first.  I have a calculator app that will not stay on top at all. But other things I open will not either. Not settings, not the life at a glance, not the Action Center, or when I open up Publisher to copy and paste a recipe say to Publisher it goes behind whatever window I have open, and even when I am using Chrome. 

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

I give you few troubleshooting steps follow them one at time hopefully one of my troubleshooting tip will resolve the issue.

Step 1: 

Uninstall all third-party antivirus and firewall programs please don't disable them as that wont resolve the issue if its cause by one of these programs.

Step 2:

Clean Boot
If the error is caused by a current running process, restart your Windows system using the clean boot method will allow you to troubleshoot if a current service or process is causing the error to appear.
With a clean boot only the necessary services and process that are required to operate Windows are started when you boot your computer.
Follow these steps:

• Start Windows
  • Open Run. Windows 8 users can press the Windows key and R Key to open Run.
  • Type msconfig and press Enter
  • Go to General tab > check Selective Startup option
  • Uncheck the Load startup items check box
  • Go to Services tab
  • Check Hide all Microsoft services check box from the bottom left corner of the window
  • Click Disable all
  • Click OK
  • Restart Windows

To reset these changes and start your Windows normally, follow the same steps:

• Go to the General tab
  • Check the Normal Startup option
  • Click OK
  • Restart

Step 3:

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is a tool designed help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including; registry errors, file permissions, issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Updates, Windows Firewall and more. Download Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool and run the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool from Safe Mode With Networking and  from Repairs tab click Open Repairs button. From opened Repairs window place check mark for  Reset Registry Permissions, Reset Service Permissions, Register System Files, Repair WMI, Repair Network, Repair Windows Firewall, Remove Policies Set By Infections, Repair Proxy Settings, Repair Windows Updates, Repair MSI (Windows Installer), Restore Important Windows Services, Set Windows Services To Default Startup, Repair Windows 8/10 Component Store, Restore Windows 8/10 COM+ Unmarshalers, Restore UAC (User Account Control) Settings, Repair Hosts File, Repair Performance Counters, Repair Volume Shadow Copy Service, Repair MDAC & MS Jet and Reset File Permissions check boxes and click Start Repair button.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users