So I'm trying to install the Pokemon TCGO, and every time I get this message:
"The Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed. This can occur if you are running in Safe Mode, or if the Windows Installers is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."
So I was confused for a number of reasons:
- I'm clearly not in Safe Mode
- I had already installed multiple different programs before this happened.
- I can still uninstall programs
- I can still install some programs, but not others (was able to install another game, but not League of Legends or Microsoft Office)
- I never made any changes to anything regarding the Windows Installer before this started happening.
So I figured it was just a mishap and restarted the computer...but that didn't fix it.
So I tried installing as an administrator...that didn't work either.
So I googled the error message, and I found many different ways to approach the situation, but most of them only applied to Windows XP or 2000.
I will try to list everything I've attempted up until this point:
- I typed 'msconfig' in Run and checked under Services to make sure Windows Installer was running and was set to manual...which it already was.
- I checked to make sure it was started, and restarted it just to be sure.
- I typed in 'regedit' and edited the MSIServer ImagePath value to that of where the actual msiexec.exe was located.
- I made sure there wasn't an extra msiexec.exe anywhere, of which I could find none.
- I opened a Command Prompt and attempted to unregister and re-register it. This was done both in and out of Safe Mode.
- I would have verified the DCOM permissions, but that applies to Windows 2003 only apparently.
- I made sure the SYSTEM had full permissions and verified it buy going to Run and typing 'regedt32'
- I opened a Command Prompt and ran and SFC Scan that told me nothing in particular
- I tried using Tweaking.com's Windows Repair Program
- I tried putting a block of code into Notepad that I then used to attempt to update/repair the registry
- I tried using Microsofts Repair System to Troubleshoot. When asked what wasn't installing, it only showed programs that were successfully installed, so I had to choose 'Not Listed' and it always said that I could find nothing wrong
- I tried to find a way to reinstall the 5.0 Windows Installer Service, but I can only find 4.5 or earlier, so I can't try to reinstall it and see of that fixes it.
I could really appreciate some help, I have no idea what to do...
Edited by ForsakenM, 04 August 2016 - 06:56 AM.