Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Browser Closes Right Away, Please Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FredFrederson

FredFrederson

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

I'm running Windows XP Home SP1 and when I try to run the Windows update the browser closes right when it loads. (I'm on dial up so it's slow to load but then closes) IE also closes very often when trying to use the search feature of many web pages. I've been able to get most of the updates via Firefox and 62nds.com. But not all and I want to know what's causing IE to close. Also sometimes when I leave my computer on overnight when I try to log back in my password doesn't work and when I go to reboot it, it says that other users are connected when no one should be. But then when it restarts, my password works just fine. Please help. BitDefender doesnt turn up anything and I have Tiny personal firewall running. I've had my Hijackthis log checked and said to be okay. Thanks D-Trojanator. Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FredFrederson

FredFrederson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:31 AM

I can add my Hijackthis log if anyone thinks that it might help, however I had it checked out and said to be okay. This really upsets me mainly because of the closing when searching within web sites. I'd use Firefox however I'm on dial-up and my "accaleration" software only works with IE. If you need any information please let me know. Thanks for any help.

#3 FredFrederson

FredFrederson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:14 PM

Bump, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users