Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New pc, same monitor text smaller

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 j1983

j1983

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

I have a new pc using my old dell 17'' 1280x1024 monitor. The text and some things like the taskbar and windows logo on the bottom left are smaller. 

I've made sure all the settings from my old system are the same, resolution, changed dpi, adjusted clear type text, made sure all the drivers for the motherboard (asus b150) are updated. I've actually changed the dpi and clear type text numerous times since Tuesday when I got it. 

The driver updates helped the most, text is better but some other applications I use still seem smaller (utorrent for one), and the icons on the taskbar seem smaller than they did with my old setup. 

My old pc was using a sapphire 5450 512gb graphics card to handle the display, my new pc is using an intel i-5 6500 with an integrated intel grpahics 530 which I'm told is supposed to be better than my old gpu.  I don't know if there's something in that which could be causing this, I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darwin82

Darwin82

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:51 PM

if the icon on the task bar small.. then go to the taskbar, right click-properties-untick use small icon..

i hope this work..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users