Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Stero Mix and Microphone no Green bars

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jasmine2406

Jasmine2406

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:34 PM

Recently , my notebook laptop (ASUS G771JM) acted weird . Before , it was working fine until recently my laptop unable to record sounds from speakers from the laptop (Steromix was enabled) and when I plugged in my microphone , it doesn't pop up "Which device did you plugged in" well it used to . Even when it was pop up , it doesn't shows Speaker Out/In , Line-In , Microphone , like what other people have when they plugged in their microphone  . My laptop have only one jack that consist of both headphone and microphone together , i even bought myself a audio splitter (headphone/microphone audio splitter)

but it still wouldn't help me record sound???!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

This is just a first step, but if you go into 'Device manager'  - 'Win key+X' - Control panel - Device manager ( in the top left)' -  do you have any yellow exclamation marks or red crosses against any of the items under the'Audio' heading ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 jasmine2406_

jasmine2406_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

There's is no yellow exclamation mark or red crosses

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

Oh dear !  That's the easy stuff out of the way and I have to admit a small handicap here. While I play quite a lot of music via my computer and I record a fair amount, from Cds and off the internet, I only use a microphone about once every three years !

Given that you are having problems recording sounds coming over your speakers as well as this microphone problem it would probably be worth your while going to the ASUS web-site and downloading the latest drivers for your sound card, then deleting the existing drivers either through 'Device manager' or Control panel' - wherever they show up - and installing the new ones.

Failing that, I put 'ASUS G771JM audio problems' into Google and came up with these hits which may help you -

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?58629-Asus-g771jm-audio-combo-jack-problem-Please-help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/instantanswers/a183aa8b-0eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

One possibly silly point, this splitter you bought - you do have the microphone and headphone leads plugged into the correct sockets ?  So often it is the obvious we overlook !

Post back if you get no further forward.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 06 August 2016 - 06:29 PM.
Missed a link

#5 jasmine2406_

jasmine2406_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:57 AM

1. http://prnt.sc/c334su

2. http://prnt.sc/c335ag

3. http://prnt.sc/c335m9

My driver is updated , tried everything that I researched on Google , none of it works

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:49 PM

Speakers cannot record sound that is why we use microphone maybe you are referring to  below setting.

Even do you have latest drivers you should uninstall and reinstall the latest driver as you have point out some features of driver software not working clean reinstalling the driver should repair the issues. About latest Audio driver well latest version of the audio driver can be downloaded from Audio card or controller manufacturer website. 

2016-08-08%2021_41_17-Windows%208.1%20St

Posted Image

#7 jasmine2406_

jasmine2406_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

It used to be able to record sound from Stero Mix

I've uninstall and install the latest driver, not working tho

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:26 PM

Go down to the audio icon in your system tray, right-click it, and go to “Recording Devices” to open up the proper settings pane.

In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked.  You should see a “Stereo Mix” option appear.

Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

Use any audio-recording program and select “Stereo Mix” as the input device instead of the usual “line-in” or “microphone” option. If you don’t see the option, or your program doesn’t give you the ability to change the recording device, you can disable or unplug your microphone and make “Stereo Mix” the default recording device.

Edited by FreeBooter, 08 August 2016 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users