Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is the beneficial of virtual memory ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 babak1

babak1

• Banned Spammer
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

hi : 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:34 PM

"The primary benefits of virtual memory include freeing applications from having to manage a shared memory space, increased security due to memory isolation, and being able to conceptually use more memory than might be physically available, using the technique of paging."

#3 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:37 PM

hi : 

I am simplifying a few things here but basically, if you are running low on memory, then Windows will move some of the things in memory sections (pages) to disk on the page file to make space. If a program need to access to a memory section that is moved to disk, Windows will load it back up, but if there is low memory that Windows can't, then it will move another section to disk. In Windows 10, it will try to compress some memory sections first. If there is still not enough memory available, then it will move it back to the disk (page it back out). You shouldn't need to worry about any of this, because by default, Windows automatically manages the size of the paging file :)

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#4 babak1

babak1
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:42 PM

if Windows automatically manages , so there is no problem :)

#5 babak1

babak1
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

in PES2017 setting>> specification there is a VRAM part. is it related to this topic?

#6 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

That is not the virtual RAM. That is Video RAM. Basically, integrated graphics card don't have their own memory, so they take it from the main system RAM. You can increase or decrease that. For normal usage, it will be fine, but if you are running games, some games won't run properly if there isn't enough VRAM. But, don't give too much RAM as VRAM otherwise you will have such low RAM that everything will slow down. I suggest that you leave it unless you play games

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users