Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Randomly Restarting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:09 PM

Hello, I posted here months ago about my computer randomly restarting, and in the end I just decided to take my computer to a PC repair place. The repair place stated that they updated the SATA Controller, and that seemed to fix it. However, about a month after I got my computer back, the problem started again. I have already factored out every other possible problem (Bad HDD, bad PSU, RAM, etc.) and since this update for the SATA Controller seemed to fix it for quite awhile, I was wondering if I could somehow fix it again.

Cause: My computer randomly restarts frequently every time I play one of these games: Darksouls 3, Ark: Survival Evolved, or Battle Field 4. However, it runs almost perfect on games just as demanding (Total War: Warhammer, Wticher 3, Fallout 4, Rain Bow Six: Siege, GTA 5 etc.). I can play these games as long as I want too with no restart, (Though Witcher 3 did restart once, but that was out of 45 hours of gameplay so far.) This really doesn't make sense to me. Why would it be crashing on some games and not others?

I have also tried moving the problematic games to different drives, but the problem persists.

I would really appreciate any help on this matter. My Mobo is a Gigabyte B75M-D3H.

Thank you. 

Edited by InsaneRuffles, 03 August 2016 - 03:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

bump

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:28 AM

Go to the website of your computer manufacturer and download and install the proper drivers for you motherboard chipset and graphics card. 

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

Go to the website of your computer manufacturer and download and install the proper drivers for you motherboard chipset and graphics card. 

I already did that awhile ago, but I guess I can try again,

#5 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

I installed the proper drivers. Didn't fix anything.

#6 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

Bump

#7 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

Check that CPU socket pins are OK.

#8 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

Ok, so I changed the BIOS from Legacy to UEFI, and that made a massive difference. I played for 2 days with no crashed from any of my problem games, but I just had a random restart today. Any thoughts on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users