I converted to Win10 at the end of July, updated my Kapersky AV to Internet Security 2017 the next day. Shortly thereafter, my wife complained about “excessive hangs” in IE. Often it would be 30 seconds or more before the page loads or resonds. Within the last few days the monitor goes black, or grays out and displays its power saving/sleep message (I can’t recall or reproduce the verbiage at will). Initially, the computer becomes completely unresponsive, requiring a hard reboot. Last night, while she was using the computer, I saw it happen again, but it took her back to the lock screen. She was only using IE at the time. She had tabs for Facebook Scrabble, Merriam-Webster Scrabble Word finder and Ebay search results.
Right now when I tried to open new tabs from links in the BSOD Posting Instructions page, several resulted in tabs without any title. I can't seem to switch to those tabs and had to try multiple times to be able to close them. Still unable to close one.
Several “unknowns” in the requested info below. How do I find that information?
Attached are the SysnativeFileCollectionApp and Perfmon zip files
· OS - Windows 10 Home
· Original OS: Win7
· Win7 was original OEM OS. Win10 is whatever was pushed by MS.
· Age of system (hardware): 2012?
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Win10 installed July 29, 2016
· CPU: Intel i5-2320, 3GHz
· Video Card: Unknown – Device Manager lists Intel HD Graphics with the triangle problem indicator. Clicking for the Properties, the Device status displays: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
· MotherBoard - Unkown
· Power Supply - brand & wattage Unknown
· System Manufacturer: Gateway
· Exact model number DX4860