Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet problem after AdwCleaner

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 commando89

commando89

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:55 AM

Hi,

I've just finished running Adwcleaner and now I've internet access problem with ethernet. I've tried the Minitoolbox solution and the netsh winsock reset but nothing.

Could you help me? thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:26 AM

Tweaking.com's Windows Repair (All in One) might be helpful here.  Boot Safe Mode with Networking, in the checkbox menu, accept defaults, check items 26 & 27.  Restart a couple of times.  Something similiar happened to me some time ago, WR(Ai) was one of the helpful tools that got me reconnected.  If I remember the other one or two utilities, will post here.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:06 AM

G'day commando89, and Welcome to BC

credit quietman7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563709/cannot-connect-to-internet-browsers-after-using-awdcleaner/?p=3600427

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:15 AM

Quietman7's advice is always better than mine!  :)  Commando89, whatever Quietman7's post says to do, do, you will not be steered wrong!

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 commando89

commando89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the answers , I've done all  but still no internet connection :(

Do you need some screenshots?

Edited by commando89, 03 August 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#6 commando89

commando89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:33 AM

up..

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:01 AM

Is this a desktop or laptop.......wired connection or wireless ??

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users