Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

a suspicious pdf file

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seraphin

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

I downloaded a pdf and had it run through virustotal -

the file details contain two conflicting pieces of info and i wonder if anyone can help

info 1: on PDFiD information, it states that the PDF document has 1015 pages

info 2: on ExitTool file metadata, it states that the PDF has 338 pages in pagecount

Because the file also contains, according to virustotal PDFiD information, (a) JavaScript blocks, (B) an open action, © AcroForm objects and (d) an automatic action when a given page of the document is viewed. I wonder how safe is it to view the pdf.

I understand that the best way to avoid being infected is NOT to open ANY suspicious pdf, but this pdf, supposedly, is a book that I would like to read. Thus ...

Any suggestions. Great many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users