Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Upgrade and Compressed Memory Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phate008

phate008

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:49 PM

My computer was working fine on Windows 8, but unfortunately my system auto updated (or was done by my girlfriend) and now I am having problems. The computer is an HP Envy 23 Touchsmart all in one and within a week after upgrading the built in speakers kept going in and out. I googled around and I found that uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers fixed this issue and now my speakers haven't messed up since. However, now I am getting memory warning pop ups and I see in my task manager that system and compressed memory seems to be running high. The warning can happen when I have one google chrome window open and sometimes when nothing is open except background processes. I tried a few fixes like turning off system notifications and disabling runfullmemorydiagnostics in the task scheduler but neither of these worked. I am posting the url to my speccy. If you know of any other fixes, or notice anything unusual that might be causing this I would appreciate it. I am definitely getting frustrated by seeing a low memory warning when I have nothing too strenuous running. Thanks for the help. 

Speccy- http://speccy.piriform.com/results/lbohZ4Qoprc1CDcLBPIYd5J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phate008

phate008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

Another thing to add. I looked around a little more and I noticed that since Chrome was the only thing open during many of the low mem pop ups so I thought that maybe Chrome had a memory leak. I decided to uninstall and when trying to reinstall I keep getting the message that Chrome could not be installed due to unspecified reasons. I looked for a fix to this and it required deleting the chrome registry, files, folders. Seemed like a big head ache so I thought it would be easier to restore from a restore point. When trying to restore I got an error saying that the restore could not be completed now and it mentioned that it might be antivirus, firewall, etc. Windows 10 is literally driving me crazy. I have never had so many problems with any of my computers in my life.

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:37 AM

When your computer’s memory starts to fill up, Windows 10 will start compressing old pages of memory so they take up less space, similar to what happens when you create a ZIP archive of multiple files. The trade off, of course, is that decompressing the compressed memory takes up more CPU cycles. Add more RAM Nothing is going to be better for your system than upgrading your total RAM. The more real RAM space you have, the less Windows 10 needs to compress it.

Follow my instructions to boost speed of Windows and gain some more RAM storage space.

Tweaking & Optimizing Windows

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users