Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

A Video suggestion for the sweet spot in my PC - Help Please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sambrincat

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:00 PM

I would like to do an upgrade to my video card and its just to get me by until I buy a complete new rig late next year (I will be going NVIDIA and Intel). 
What do you suggest I do to give me the max improvement but not not buying a card that will be a waste of money because my CPU will bottleneck the card way too much..... what card is the sweet spot for my rig?.
 When I buy my new pc next year I will be selling this one for what ever I can get.
If you feel I need to buy a GPU/CPU to make the most of the upgrade then please suggest this.
Motherboard - M5A78L-M/USB3 (I believe this board is PCIe 2.0 16 x 1 as that what it reads on the board itself - https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/gallery/
RAM - 16GB Giel RAM DDR3
Power Supply 500w Couger
Current GPU - AMD Radeon R7 370 ( I believe this card is PCIE 3.0)
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:44 AM

That CPU won't bottleneck much with the highest end cards, you could get a GTX 1080 and be good with either the AMD FX-6300 or whatever Intel CPU you upgrade to.  That said, since you are planning on selling this PC later, you could get an RX 480 or a GTX 1060, but these are new cards with limited availability and some sellers are marking them up because of the scarcity.  As an alternate, a GTX 970 would work.  The EVGA GeForce GTX 970 is a great choice.

I am holding off upgrading my FX-8350 and GTX 980 until AMD's Zen CPU and Vega GPU's are out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users