Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Killer Network Lan IPV4 loosing connectivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hocuslocus

hocuslocus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

Hello, I've been having this issue I have windows seven. Decided to get a MSI motherboard which came with the Killer Network lan chipset. Installed the drivers and everything was working fine, IPV4 and IPv6 connected. After I leave, the computer goes to sleep. Then When I come back and wake the computer up IPV6 is connected but IPV4 is no longer connected.

Still able to type things in the web browser, it even does the quick search. Like when you type a few words it tries to finish your search by spelling out a few things. So everything seems to be working or connecting to a degree. Trying to go to any webpage it never finds it. I've tried a few things that usually work like resetting the card or running windows diagnostics, but nothing seems to work until I reinstall the drivers. Why does it keep dropping IPV4 connectivity. I've run into many other networking issues but nothing like this. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hocuslocus

hocuslocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

k, after installing the drivers the first time the computer restarts everything works great. The second restart is when IPV4 is lost.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 05 August 2016 - 04:49 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Post the results of a ipconfig /all after the reinstall and then again after the reboot for review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users