Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS computer gets VERY slow speeds using Netgear router?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chiefliam

chiefliam

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

Hello again, guys! 

If you look at my post history, you'll see that my first submission was regarding my ASUS ROG laptop dropping it's internet connection on Windows 10. After some driver updates, I have now made it stop disconnecting on and off. However, the speeds that I am getting are very slow. Like, my download speeds are in kb/s. That kind of slow. A recommended fix was to go into routerlogin.net and type in the information for my Netgear router and change the channels to experience better speeds. However, I have never had a problem with this particular connection until I got this new laptop a few weeks ago, which leads me to believe that it has something to do with the computer as opposed to the actual wireless router. I was wondering if I could get some help or advice with this, as far as how to improve my speeds permanently.

If it helps, the computer I have is an ASUS ROG GL552V laptop. 

The router is a Netgear N600.

Thanks so much for your help! 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 02 August 2016 - 06:06 PM.
Moved from 'Service providers' to 'Networking'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:13 PM

Are other wireless devices slow if you shut down the Asus laptop? 

Also, what model router do you have? N600 is a Wifi speed, and can apply to many Netgear devices.

Last, do you know anything of how the router is configured? Wifi band? Wifi channel? Security type?

#3 technodos

technodos

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

Hey! Mine's ASUS too. You may want to try looking for any network enhancers, as ASUS computers come with this really dumb bloatware network enhancer utilities. It might help a teeny bit. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users