Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen goes to black after login and driver install

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Crackpot360

Crackpot360

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

So the first thing that happened was that after I logged into the PC it just froze ,it didn't go into the desktop,just froze and the after several failed restarts I decided to go into safe mode and do something,and after looking through Google I tried to uninstall my graphics drivers ,but it wouldn't uninstall and gave me an error : detection driver error , so I thought to use display driver uninstaller and it uninstalled it and I booted into the desktop normally, but when I went to install the latest driver it gave me a black screen and froze.any ideas on what's going on?

Also my system is:
i3-4130
hd 7770 gpu
windows 10 64bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

Can you get into Windows?  If you can, please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Start with the video tests.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Crackpot360

Crackpot360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:41 AM

Can you get into Windows?  If you can, please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Start with the video tests.

I am currently running my cpus gpu, should i switch to pcie and then run the tool ?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

If possible, try it on both.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

Because you said everything worked within Safe Mode we know it can be hardware error most likely failing graphic card or buggy graphic card driver but even do i blame graphic card what yo have not told us is did you boot Windows normally after uninstalling the graphic card driver and if you did were you able to login to Windows normally? 

You can try previous version of the graphic card driver but again we are still not sure its graphic card causing the issue so i will wait for you to answer my question.

2GvnEq2.gif

#6 Crackpot360

Crackpot360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:13 AM

Because you said everything worked within Safe Mode we know it can be hardware error most likely failing graphic card or buggy graphic card driver but even do i blame graphic card what yo have not told us is did you boot Windows normally after uninstalling the graphic card driver and if you did were you able to login to Windows normally? 

You can try previous version of the graphic card driver but again we are still not sure its graphic card causing the issue so i will wait for you to answer my question.

OK, since i posted last, I've clean installed windows and tried installing old drivers, on normal and safe mode.And i am now getting another problem, when i connect to my cpu's gpu , it still crashes.I dont even have the 7770's driver installed but it happens still.

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Where get your drivers including graphic driver?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

2GvnEq2.gif

#8 Crackpot360

Crackpot360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:55 PM

Where get your drivers including graphic driver?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jAMbGWmS1zGUyp18Kw0DHg1

This is a SS with it running the onboard gpu, not the 7770 , as you can see it does detect the 7770,so i don't have any idea what the problem is

Edited by Crackpot360, 05 August 2016 - 12:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users