Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will doubling up on Ram help game performance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miseryguts

Miseryguts

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

Even a little bit?

I appreciate that my system is getting on now..

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
i7 920 (DO) @3.8GHz
8GB HyperX FURY
MSI GTX 970
XFX PRO 750 Modular
Noctua NH-D14
1920x1200 Monitor

The majority of stuff I play is old skool/GOG classics & emulators but occasionally I'll fire up the likes of Witcher 3, Tomb Raider, the recent Doom etc & I've preordered the new Deus Ex.. I often have to dial down the graphical bells & whistles a bit with the newer stuff, but most still run surprisingly well.
Another 8GB of my ram is pretty cheap atm, am I likely to see much of a difference in the newer games if I install it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:21 AM

The graphics are due to the gpu that you currently have.  Ram would more than likely not help.

pa9d6f-4.png

#3 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

Agree with TheJokerz, you won't see any improved performance just from getting more RAM. Its going to be your GPU that is holding you back. the 970 is a pretty decent card for now. So yeah, you won't be able to max out Witcher 3.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#4 HeyHello

HeyHello

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

If you want increase the speed or transfer rate of system then upgrade ram. Otherwise for gaming the high gpu and cpu can do well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users