OK, the 3 major sets of error here are:
- Razer Synapse
- Windows Media Center in Task Scheduler
- networking errors
Start by uninstalling the Razer software.
Then physically unplug the Razer device(s) from your system
Use another mouse/keyboard while testing.
Once you've finished testing, please download and install the latest, W10 compatible drivers for this device from the Razer website
Be advised that different versions of W10 may require more updated drivers (the release version, the Fall Update (1511/build 10586), or the Anniversary Update (1607/build 13292.10)
For the Media Center errors/warnings:
To stop Media Center tasks from running (and then failing) delete this registry key (as with any deletion, backup the key first):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center
Once you've deleted the above registry key do the following:
- Go to the Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows folder and delete the Media Center folder (as with any deletion, backup the folder first).
- Then delete the Task Scheduler Library...Microsoft...Windows...Media Center task folder within the Task Scheduler (I don't think that you can back this up, but you can export the tasks individually).
For the networking errors:
- please download fresh copies of the latest, W10 compatible wired, wireless, and bluetooth software for your device
- uninstall the wired, wireless, and bluetooth software using Control Panel...Programs and Features
- install the freshly downloaded copies
- monitor for further problems.
If this doesn't stop the problem, then generate another logfile immediately after you've recovered from the problem and we'll see what else we can find.