Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 j1983

j1983

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:10 PM

I originally thought I had a 500w pus, it turns out to be a 400w. I'm using a btx case now so the details were obstructed. It's a 400w neo eco.

I'd like to move it to my new pc i'll be getting soon, in order to cut costs but I don't know if it's adequate. DIfferent power calculators give me different answers

I-5 6500 cpu

b150m-a motherboard

4 hard drives

1 cd drive

pci-e wifi card

usb mouse and keyboard

I don't plan any gpu updates, I might get a front panel usb hub that connects to the pci-e later on. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

That PSU is bit old, but should be enough for those. But what video card? Integrated?

#3 j1983

j1983
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

Yes, integrated graphics, no real plans to get a new card right now. 

EDIT:
I do plan on getting a multi 2.0 on the 5.25 bat  to connect to the motherboard, or maybe a 3.o that connects to the pci-e. Some of those come with around 4 usb slots and a multi card reader,  I don't know if I would be pushing the limits of the psu with that set up. 

Edited by j1983, 02 August 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:09 AM

PCI express x1 slot is about 10 watts max so no problems from PSU.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 03 August 2016 - 04:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users