Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nemucod (Removal Help)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 captainfreeky

captainfreeky

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

I seen the http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/decryptor-released-for-the-nemucod-trojans-crypted-ransomware/

Tried the software Emsisoft Decrypter for Nemucod but I do not have the original picture as shown or any other file which is original so it would help decrypted

as picture mentioned  every windows has the same picture but tried that with the same picture the hash is different from every machine and it said 4096 key algorithm and was giving error for the decryption but somehow I seen .avi was successful decrypted so just having a hope If some one could help me out decrypting the MSoffice files

Sorry for some maddness just was trying out of the box hope to have help thanks in advance 

1) Wanted to know If i run some antivurs scan it will remove only virus but thinking about encryption how it will be decrypted

Edited by captainfreeky, 01 August 2016 - 12:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thyrex

thyrex

• Members
  • 573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

Are you sure that your files was encrypted by Nemucod Ransomware? Many others ransomware encrypt with .crypted extension

Microsoft MVP 2012-2016 Consumer Security

Microsoft Reconnect 2016

#3 captainfreeky

captainfreeky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

Are you sure that your files was encrypted by Nemucod Ransomware? Many others ransomware encrypt with .crypted extension

Yes sure as it was mention on the ID-ransomware. that it is Nemucod

#4 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,511 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

As Fabian says:

Even you will have at least one file where you can get the original version of the file of. A picture you shared with your family. The default wallpapers shipped with your version of Windows. A file you downloaded from the internet that you can download again.

In the years I have been doing this, there hasn't been a single case where decryption failed because someone could not possibly find at least one file where they could somehow find the original file as well.

It would be best if you posted in the Nemucod topic for help instead of starting a new topic that may be missed by those helping with Nemucod. Once you have secured a pair of the same file before/after encryption, you can share them if you need assistance with running the decrypters.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#5 captainfreeky

captainfreeky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:49 PM

As Fabian says:

Even you will have at least one file where you can get the original version of the file of. A picture you shared with your family. The default wallpapers shipped with your version of Windows. A file you downloaded from the internet that you can download again.

In the years I have been doing this, there hasn't been a single case where decryption failed because someone could not possibly find at least one file where they could somehow find the original file as well.

It would be best if you posted in the Nemucod topic for help instead of starting a new topic that may be missed by those helping with Nemucod. Once you have secured a pair of the same file before/after encryption, you can share them if you need assistance with running the decrypters.

Sorry Will be posting it right there thanks

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users