Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

Ive had my Dell E310 since the second week of July. I got a blue screen. i missed the STOP references, however I have this:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 0000000C BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : AA6A6F21 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

technical information:

C:\DOCUME~1\Bud\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe251.dir00\Mini081406-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Bud\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe251.dir00\sysdata.xml

How do I read this?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iqchicken

iqchicken

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

Blue screens of death are infamous for being difficult to decipher.

How often does this happen? Have you changed anything at all recently on your computer? Added a hard drive maybe? Or installed something new?

Take a peek at your event viewer to find out what happens on your system just before it crashes. (stat>run>type "eventvwr">press enter)

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-2 STICKS OF 16GB DDR 3 RAM (G.Skill F3-10666CL9-8GBNT)

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#3 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

That is a registry problem. Before this problem occured did you backup your regtistry?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:38 PM

Please try downloading this ccleaner program and when installed run it and when running it do not change any of the options for it. Run the top 2 icons on the upper left side and go thru the cleaning. When done reboot and let us know if you are alright

http://www.ccleaner.com/

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

Generally this error is caused by faulty/corrupt drivers, problems with RAM, or a corrupt pagefile.

1. To check the RAM, run MemTest86 (free here: http://www.memtest86.com/ ) Be sure to follow the directions exactly! Run the test at least 2 hours (but overnight is better) and let us know if you find any errors.

2. To reconstruct your pagefile: Go to Start...Control Panel...System...Advanced tab...Performance Settings button...Advanced tab...Virtual Memory Change button.

In this window first make a note of all the settings on this page (you'll have to restore them later on), then click on "No paging file" and then click on Set. Then click on OK to close the dialogs. Then reboot.

Once you've rebooted, go through the procedure again and reset the paging file to it's original settings and click on Set. Then click on OK to close the dialogs. Then reboot. The system will have rebuilt your pagefile - so any corruption should be gone.

3. The drive problem is a bit more difficult. It involves removing and installing the most current version of all your computer's drivers. I'd suggest starting with....Windows Update, then the motherboard drivers, then your video drivers.

4. Past that, it would be good if you could capture the C:\DOCUME~1\Bud\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe251.dir00\Mini081406-01.dmp file. Generally this file is deleted after the error report is sent - so you've gotta copy it before sending the error report.

Also, you can search your hard drive for files that end in .dmp and .mdmp. If you locate them, use this link to run an analysis of it: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

When it mentions !analyze -v ... that goes in the empty box at the lowest point of the window (it starts on the left).

Then copy the report and paste it to your next post. It may help to isolate which driver is causing this.

Edited by usasma, 15 August 2006 - 03:05 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

Blue screens of death are infamous for being difficult to decipher.

How often does this happen? Have you changed anything at all recently on your computer? Added a hard drive maybe? Or installed something new?

Take a peek at your event viewer to find out what happens on your system just before it crashes. (stat>run>type "eventvwr">press enter)

i think its happened 2 other times since this one? nothing new installed or anything.

#7 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

That is a registry problem. Before this problem occured did you backup your regtistry?

no i havent done anything with the registry in a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users