Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Postgres

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eclark53

eclark53

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:55 PM

I noticed a new user on my computer "postgres".  I did not create this user and I am the only person who uses this computer.  Am I infected or what.  I deleted the user, but this is rather strange.  Also note that the user folder in File Explorer was not deleted when I deleted the user and when I tried to manually deleted I got an error message that it was in use by another program.  I have no idea what this program could be.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Estelle

Edited by eclark53, 31 July 2016 - 09:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

Do you have PostgreSQL installed on this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 eclark53

eclark53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

Yes, but I not know when it was installed.  It must have been installed by another program.

Estelle

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:23 AM

If you open the Control Panel and select User Accounts do you see an account with this title?

While you are in the Control Panel select Programs and Features.  When this opens look for this program.  Programs and Features has columns titled Name, Publisher, Installed on, Size, and Version.  Look in the Installed on column to see when the programs was installed.  This program would have to be installed, a program wouldn't be responsible for this being installed. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users