Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recreation of business software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xxoorr

xxoorr

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:55 PM

Hi everyone, I was wondering the best approach on a situation where my company is paying monthly service for a specific software which we implement into our clients and monitor their internal systems. As we have username and pass and a dedicated portal page where we login and there we can manage all the settings and configurations. And here is the part - how can I use this software but instead of going to the remote server to login into our dedicated page, I want to swap my portal platform and use it as it is on my local server. How can get to there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:20 PM

"... I want to swap my portal platform and use it as it is on my local server..."

You want what is on the 3rd party remote server to also exist on your company's local server, correct?  I'm trying to visualize your idea.  I have three computers that can connect via Teamviewer.  I log into Teamviewer's server to establish the "click buttons," which I can press to actually make a host/client live connection.  If I was able to make on one of my computers what exists on Teamviewer's server -- I would be doing what you want to do over at your company, correct?  Again, I'm trying to visualize your idea.

Edited by RolandJS, 31 July 2016 - 09:21 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 xxoorr

xxoorr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

Here is an example - the software company name lets say 'abc' is providing us a piece of software which we install on our client machines and we are charged per device from abc and we are paying decent amount of money each month to use this. Well while doing that we are logon to abc portal with our company name dedicated page - and if my company name is 'heraldyc' our link for logon is heraldyc.abc.com. Ok, so now I want instead of using this - just to use my own domain for that technology and to provide user names and passwords to my clients and when they login they would see heraldyc.com instead of heraldyc.abc.com. I know this might not be possible but just giving a shot, this is one of my biggest projects I am trying to approach so I will be really happy if someone came up with anything.

Edited by xxoorr, 01 August 2016 - 10:05 PM.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:46 AM

"...heraldyc.abc.com...[into]... heraldyc.com..."  I'm wondering, if the desired solution cannot be found, if the heraldyc.abc.com can be masked to show only heraldyc.com; your users only see a heraldyc.com URL and not the actual heraldyc.abc.com URL.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:13 AM

If I am understanding things correctly, the real questions is whether or not abc.com sells/offers a version of their software that can run on your server rather than their server. If so, then that is a question for the provider of the software that you are using...or finding a competitor that offers a similar software package that can be run on your server rather than theirs...or maybe hire a software developer who can develop a similar software system that could run off your server (this last one would be heavily dependent on what the software does...if it is something really complex that requires lots of hardcore programming, then it is likely not cost effective...OTOH, if it is more of something that is just a database and a database that does not require specialized privacy/security features [say something like medical records would require], then it might not be a too off the wall idea).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users