Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alcatel to LG Emoji

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sasschary

sasschary

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

Hey everyone!

I just got a new phone, an LG G5. This being my first smartphone, I of course wanted to try out all the emoji (There are tons on this thing!). I sent a bunch of emoji to my girlfriend, and she was able to see them all perfectly fine (on an Alcatel One Touch Fierce). However, when she tried to respond with emoji from her phone, they appear as normal characters. For example, her penguin emoji translates to <(') when sent. Is there any way to have her phone send actual emoji? Or will she just be stuck with emoji that send as normal characters?

Thanks in advance,

ZC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sinister_midget

sinister_midget

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

She'll need a keyboard that generates them. A lot of the builtin ones don't.

There are free keyboard apps, free ones that are better than some other free ones but with ads, and paid ones that are usually the ones with ads that are ad-free after paying for them. Of course, they all vary in quality and features. So she'd have to find one she's comfortable with that she can use the way she likes it.

I don't recommend one or another because some people like to swipe across keys, some like to have tons of options and customization, some like minimal and so forth. But I will say I've been using ai.type keyboard Plus + Emoji for a long time and love it. I'm not big on emojis. In fact I rarely use them. But there are tons of them. I use it because I've been able to get it exactly the way I want in ways I never could get others. I mean looks, layout, shortcuts, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users