Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 USB and Keyboard not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kolby-kun

Kolby-kun

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

Good evening, Ive had many problems with my Windows lately and got struck with a boot error a few days ago. I solved it by using this tutorial http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139576-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html but I think I may have upset my computer and broken the devices functionality and because I thought my startup from a bootable USB was working as it turned out, I did the settings from within my own computer instead of an installer from the USB which was why startup repair failed in the first place.

Anyway after that ordeal I have to deal with this problem and it seems many people found the solution by accident or pure luck.

Here are some things I have tried:

Start in Safe Mode
In Last Known Config
Normal
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
Start Up Repair
Chkdsk /r
No PS/2 Port

Im using win 7 ultimate x64, dell xps15z. I have Dell Safety Recovery Backup but not sure if it wipes my memory away as it needs my files to be backed up? Im saving that as a last resort.

Oh and system restore points are a no go, I dont have any.

*Not working in Welcome Screen, Safe Mode and etc.

Keyboard works in bootable usb win 7 but not mouse

Both working in OS own startup repair

Edited by Kolby-kun, 31 July 2016 - 09:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

"... I have Dell Safety Recovery Backup but not sure if it wipes my hard-drive contents away as it needs my files to be backed up? Im saving that as a last resort..."  hard-drive contents is what you meant, not memory.

Yes, very likely, invoking Dell Safety Recovery will put this computer exactly the way it left the factory.  If I read your opening correctly, you currently do not have full image backups of either your OS partition or your Data partition?  If no backups, you're correct, you're going to have to make:

-- a usb or dvd boot [containing the backup/restore utiltiy] and making sure it boots!

-- a full image backup of both your OS and Data partitions

If you have been using Microsoft's provided Libraries, My Documents area to store your Data folders and files, then the process of making backups of your data folders and files within said My Documents and the restoration is going to be a bit geekier than restoring just a Data partition would have been.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 Kolby-kun

Kolby-kun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

Oh I did, but it was faulty so I made a new one but I realized later startup repair did not work because what windows actually loaded was the repair files from the computer instead of the ISO USB Installation files.

I think Id just reinstall windows as an upgrade so I would keep my files as a last resort.

I just did registry hive restore process and sfc scan doesnt seem to work. Its gonna be a loong week.

Edited by hamluis, 31 July 2016 - 04:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users