Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C:\Windows\SysWOW64" corrupted

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 aswann

aswann

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:39 AM

I've have read similar problems on corrupted C:\windows\syswow64  but i do not know how to go about it. I hope you can help me.

My problem is as stated below:

Cannot repair member file [l:60{30}]"UserAccountControlSettings.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-UserAccountControlSettings, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

Hashes for file member \??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\UserAccountControlSettings.exe do not match actual file [l:60{30}]"UserAccountControlSettings.exe" :
  Found: {l:32 b:jOp4QRdM1TCuqgS37m1d7ePlpwxIQKShE3VgdvZhvXY=} Expected: {l:32 b:/OQwh674YmIQcJ/34pyH9eH2H1o5n/cSHeizdd5Xw9c=}

Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:60{30}]"UserAccountControlSettings.exe"; source file in store is also corrupted

Can you guide me into repairing/replacing the corrupted file?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

There are those of us who will not download anything to our computers unless we know exactly what it contains.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.  This will provide us with a preferable format of the log.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled CBS.  Double click on this icon to open 
the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 31 July 2016 - 09:29 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer

Lets see if there are any other files that need replacement...

• Download SFCFix.exe (by Niemiro) and save it to the Desktop
  • Run SFCFix (accept the security warning and follow the instructions on the screen)
  • Upon completion, a log file SFCFix.txt should be created on your Desktop
  • Open the SFCFix.txt log and copy & paste the contents to your post

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

No need to do that. I created a fix using SFCFix with the replacement files:

SFCFix Fix

This fix is very specific for aswann's computer. Trying this fix on your own computer might damage your computer. If you are after assistance, create a new thread, and you will be assisted shortly.

Download SFCFix (by niemiro) and move the executable on your Desktop.

Download SFCFix.zip from here and move the archive to your Desktop

Note: Make sure that the file is named SFCFix.zip, do not rename it.

Save any work you have open, and close every programs

Drag the SFCFix.zip file over the SFCFix.exe executable and release it

mMabJGT.gif

SFCFix will launch, let it complete

Once done, a file will appear on your Desktop, called SFCFix.txt

Open the file, then copy and paste its content in your next reply

Now, we run SFC to verify:

SFC Scan

1. Click on Start startorb.gif and type cmd. When Command Prompt appears, right-click on it, and click Run as Administrator

2. When command prompt opens, Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Right-click > Paste) the following command into it, then press Enter

sfc /scannow

3. Once it finishes, copy and paste the following into the command-prompt window and press Enter.

4. Once this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Right-click on this file and choose Send To...Compressed (zipped folder). Please upload this zipped file CBS.zip to this thread

Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to your next post please upload via a service such as Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and just provide the link.

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#5 aswann

aswann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

CKing123,

When i tried dragging the SFCFix.zip file over the SFCFix.exe executable and release it, the following appears:

Welcome to SFCFix by niemiro and sysnative.com.

Checking for updates ...

No new update is available at this time.

ERROR: Zip file is corrupt or unreadable. This may be due to a bad download. Please re-download the zip file, try again, and see if the problem persists. If it does, let your helper know as it may be that the upload is corrupt, and that is something that only your helper can fix.

i re-download the SFCFIX.zip and when i drag the SFCFix.zip over the SFCFix.exe and release it,the same message appears.

#6 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:00 AM

Strange. SFCFix never had a problem before with using 7zip zip files. I created a new zip file using Windows Explorer, and renamed the old one as SFCFix.zip.old

Follow the instructions again, just download SFCFix.zip again and not SFCFix.zip.old

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#7 aswann

aswann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:56 AM

When i followed the instruction again, i did not see SFCFix.zip.old and SFCFix.zip but only SFCFix.zip. Seeing there is only SFCFix.zip, i download SFCFix.zip again, but the same message appears.

Is this the same SFCFix.zip as the previous SFCFIX.zip which is supposed to be SFCFix.zip.old?

Please guide me accordingly.

#8 aswann

aswann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:09 AM

Since dragging the SFCFix.zip over the SFCFix.exe executable produced ERROR message, I have decided to take the next available action.

I run SFCFix and manage to get the SFCFix.txt.

Under summary, it stated that some corruptions could not be fixed automatically.

I did not load Windows 7 Premium 64-bit dvd as i had only windows 7 premium recovery disk.

My computer is HP Pavilion HPE h1285-d. I created the recovery disk on a set of dvd(4) from the recovery partition on D drive.

For a better understanding of the nature of my problem, i manage to copy cbs.lxt from c:windows\log\cbs.log to my desktop.

You can check this out in the attached file, cbs.log.

For SFCFix.txt, please ignore SFCFix.exe. I mistakenly attached the wrong file. My apology.

Attached Files

#9 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hello

Since SFCFix is not working properly, I created a bat file instead to copy over the file

Download the fix.zip from here.

Extract it

Right-click on fix.bat > Run as Administrator

Click on yes, and let it run

A black screen will briefly flash. When it is gone, then we will run a SFC Scan:

SFC Scan

1. Click on Start startorb.gif and type cmd. When Command Prompt appears, right-click on it, and click Run as Administrator

2. When command prompt opens, Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Right-click > Paste) the following command into it, then press Enter

sfc /scannow

3. Once it finishes, copy and paste the following into the command-prompt window and press Enter.

4. Once this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Right-click on this file and choose Send To...Compressed (zipped folder). Please upload this zipped file CBS.zip to this thread

Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to your next post please upload via a service such as Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and just provide the link.

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#10 aswann

aswann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:51 PM

Under SFC Scan, I find it difficult to copy and paste using the command prompt especially copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt

Can I use another method using the windows screen

Right click start button,open windows explorer, left click  local disk (c:),windows, log, cbs folder. Then right click on cbs.txt , copy and paste to desktop.

As to upload this zipped file CBS.zip to this thread, can i just attached the file from the desktop? 

As to SFC Scan,  you want me to run under SAFE BOOT, aren't you?

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:06 AM

It is not necessary to run the sfc /scannow in Safe Mode, but it can be run there as well.  You would need to select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

In your last post you demonstrated that you can copy and paste.  But I also noticed that the quotation mark at the end of the command was missing.

%windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"

If you are trying to run this command without the quotation mark it will not work.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#12 aswann

aswann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:40 AM

I've downloaded fix.zip and run the latter as instructed.

After the brief flash of black screen,run sfc/scannow. Prompted windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Tried to follow using command prompt with the correct quotation mark to copy and paste cbs.txt to desktop. It promps 0 file copied.

Use the only available method i know and that is by  using window explorer to copy and paste cbs.txt to desktop.

For a better understanding of the problem, go to this thread  https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=cbs.txt.zip

After the brief flash of black screen,run sfc/scannow.

#13 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

For a better understanding of the problem, go to this thread  https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=cbs.txt.zip

After the brief flash of black screen,run sfc/scannow.

Uh, I can't see the CBS log. Did you send the share link?

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#14 aswann

aswann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:43 PM

Since you are unable to see the cbs.log, I have attached it  here for your perusal.

My apology for giving you the link, but forgotten to share link.

Attached Files

#15 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

Something is not right. The file is not being copied.

I modified the bat file. Please delete the extracted copy and download and extract it again, and let it run. Then, attach the info.txt on your Desktop

-CKing

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users