Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

looking for thin fast laptop with dvd player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbclem

jbclem

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:02 AM

A friend has been looking for a fast thin laptop with a dvd player and a long lasting battery.  He tells me he can't find any new laptops with his needs that also include a dvd player, they all seem to have sd card and usb ports now.  I'd like to find him an i7 laptop with an SSD drive that also has a built-in dvd/cd player.  Is there such a thing any more?

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:53 AM

Use (& therefore fitment) of optical drives is declining, so machines including them are getting harder to find.

Slimline USB (USB powered) DVD drives are widely & cheaply (under $30) available - would using one of these be an acceptable compromise?

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:53 AM

I'll second purchasing an external optical drive.  It will open your options for machines.  Most machines these days are too thin to include an optical drive.  You can go Bluray for under $100.

Edited by Kilroy, 01 August 2016 - 08:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users