Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Tablet CTH-470 with paint programs.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 araragi

araragi

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

The pen wouldnt draw until I move it 3 cm away from where I start putting the pen down on the tablet. (Not sure how to explain it well.. )

For example when drawing a straight line, the line doesn't come out unless I move about 3 cm or more from the initial position to another position

This is especially noticeable when drawing a circle.

http://puu.sh/qkqPM/f8233c2448.png

As shown, the circles are not completely circular as I intended to draw them. It only happens when I use the tablet, it doesn't happen when I use my mouse.

In that image I am using Paint Tool SAI.

Also, I do not experience this problem in "Paint" provided by Windows.

Does anyone have a solution? I couldn't find where else to post this problem since Wacom closed down their forums and their customer support requires a lot of information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

I found someone that had a similar problem and posted a youtube video on his problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwO_V4aWY4o

However that person has a different tablet than me. For him, disabling "Windows Ink" or some update on adobe animate cc fixed his problem.

CTH-470 does not seem to have a Windows Ink option, so I am still stuck..

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

First, how do you have the tablet connected to your computer, USB or wireless? If wireless, any better over USB?

Second, the manual (page 73) says "Some applications require that you turn on the pressure capabilities within the application..before the pen will respond.." Basically the pen isn't drawing until you have forced the tip already down, which may be a half second after you have started drawing, causing the circle to begin after you mean to. See here for a possible settings solution. 

Last, try increasing the double click distance in the Bamboo Control panel. 

Edited by Trikein, 30 July 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#4 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

First, how do you have the tablet connected to your computer, USB or wireless? If wireless, any better over USB?

Second, the manual (page 73) says "Some applications require that you turn on the pressure capabilities within the application..before the pen will respond.." Basically the pen isn't drawing until you have forced the tip already down, which may be a half second after you have started drawing, causing the circle to begin after you mean to. See here for a possible settings solution. 

Last, try increasing the double click distance in the Bamboo Control panel. 

It is connected by USB.

My problem still occurs even if I hold down the pen for many seconds. Also, changing to 4 (Smoothest) and changing detection pressure to 0 and 100% both didn't work.

My double click distance is already maxed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users