Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG detected trojans after a misclick download

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 emsetsfire16

emsetsfire16

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I misclicked and started a download of an ISO that mounted a disk on my computer. AVG detected several trojans (Autoit2_c.LJE, Patched3_c.BTUJ, HackTool.ATAT) and was able to secure the hacktools but not the two others.

I used unmounted the disk, ran CCleaner and immediately purged everything (temp folders, history, passwords, recycle bin etc.) I ran AVG scanner and it found no threats.

I ran Rkill and here is the log:

Spoiler

Ran Mbar and here is the log:

Spoiler

Just wondering if I'm in the clear or not. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

the one on the hosts file probably cant and wont do anything then again im saying that because i have a bunch of malware domains on the hosts file that dont work because theres no malware on my computer for them to do anything and they are just sitting there (that i know of atleast)

you should probably use rkill and your antivirus again in safe mode without networking to make sure

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

#3 saluqi

saluqi

• Members
  • 653 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Malware domains are listed in the "hosts" file precisely to prevent your going there inadvertently.  The hosts file redirects those calls back to the originating computer, so they don't work.  For explanation see http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

FWIW I have used the MVPS hosts file for many years with very satisfactory results.  A very large hosts file may slow a computer down - but there is a workaround for that, to be found on the above listed site.  That site also provides detailed information about how to use the hosts file with different Windows versions, including 8, 8.1 and 10.

SpywareBlaster is another very useful piece of software that blocks access to a long list of dangerous sites, in a somewhat similar way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users