Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resolution Issue after 10 Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noisforme

noisforme

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:37 AM

I'm not sure how directly related to Win 10 this is, but since it started along with the update, I'll post it here.

I've an odd situation I can't seem to figure out. It's an annoyance more than a serious problem, but still...

I run three displays off of my AMD Radeon HD 7970 - a SyncMaster (2053BW - 20"), a Dell (E2414H - 24") and a LG (TV - 42").

I use the 'extend my display' option and have all three acting as a single horizontal display. I would (until recently) drag my apps, browser, etc. from either of the displays to the TV without issue - the resolutions were nearly identical (that is, I didn't really have to adjust the size of anything when I dragged between them).

Yesterday, I finally updated my system to Win 10. This required I update my drivers and such from AMD, so I got the most recent version for Win 10.

Now, the TV's display resolution appears...huge. When I drag anything from either of the other two displays to the TV, it is some four times as large. It's a pain to try and fit it in enough to even be able to grab a corner, drag to resize, move it again, drag to resize - I have to do this 2-3 times just so it fits within the display. Pain in the butt.

But here's the thing - the resolution in my AMD panel shows the TV res being identical to what (one of) the monitors is; 1920x1080. It is the maximum (and recommended) setting available. I have no clue what has happened, or what to do to correct it at this point.

Any ideas what has happened? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noisforme

noisforme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

I've linked a screenshot of a comparison between the Dell display and the LG TV - both 1920x1080, with the same items on them, which haven't been resized. Before the update, there would be almost no change when I dragged windows between the two.

SCREENSHOT

#3 jackz4000

jackz4000

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

I just upgraded 3 of the same model 1920 x 1080  display laptops and it took 15 minutes or so for the right driver to be searched for and installed by Windows 10. Your problem seems to be from an external monitor and not your laptop display screen. My guess is a driver, but I really have no idea. Others here will know better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users