Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adawaresepersonal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reggie

reggie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:38 PM

I downloaded adaware from majorgeeks.com and then printed out your tutorial in order to find out how to use it. I came unstuck right away at step4. I did the update clicked on finish clicked on configure but there is no Generalbutton on the lefthand side...Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 05:07 PM

I think the screenshots are from version 1.03, reggie. Basically, best to check the "help" built in to SE Personal 1.05. This anti-malware program is very good. Add-ons available do require that you learn about using them. The intention of the tutorial is to familiarize a person with the use, but you'd need to check into it further to employ all that it can do. Sorry for any potential confusion. :flowers: Things do change rapidly in response to the quick changes pulled on us by the malware authors themselves...unfortunately. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 07 December 2004 - 05:13 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:59 AM

I see an error on the tutorial Reggie.

After the update, click on Finish instead of Configure.

Then click on the GEAR symbol at the top to get into the AAW main configuration menus.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:17 PM

Derf, where is the error?

I change the tutorial a bit to make it easier to understand how to find the configuration page.

#5 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 15 December 2004 - 10:01 PM

Figure 6. Updating has Finished

You can now click on the Finish button.  When you do that you will be presented with the Status/Startup screen as shown in Figure 2.

Step 4: Set the scan options we want to use

Either you already changed it here or I was looking at a different tutorial. You had the user clicking the Configure button in Figure 6 instead of the Finish button as a way to get into the AAW configuration menu.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 10:14 PM

I dont think i changed it...but as long as its ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users