Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MasseyMan65560

MasseyMan65560

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:33 AM

So last month or so I had a boot problem where it would show the post screen and stay on there. That time it said Verifiyng DMI pool data.. I reset my computer and selected to start from CD/DVD and even though there was nothing in there it started just fine..

Fast forward....

Yesterday I woke up and found my computer on the post screen again.. I forgot to take a picture of what it said at bottom but something about inserting a disk... So, I put in the Windows 10 disc that my computer came with and restarted from 1st boot on Cd/DVD... It was on the Windows screen for a few minutes then took me to Windows 10 set up.. So I selected my country and language and proceeded, then it gave me 2 options,, Install or repair computer....  

I have tried both, but before I explain the other...

I hit repair computer,and it instructed me to restart my computer.. I took out the Windows 10 disc and restarted...

It flashed the post screen with CXD/DVD: at the bottom and started normally. and worked just fine.. A even restarted it a few times same thing but ran fine... Then this morning I had to do it all over again with the Windows 10 disc..

I did choose Install and it installed some but stopped becuase it said something about missing drivers I should have and insert disc that has them. I have not upgraded this so everything should be on a disc, I tried the Windows 10, Motherboard and GPU disc still nothing..  it re started and started just fine..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

Boot from the W10 disc and run Startup Repair from the disc.

Try running it 3 times (rebooting in between tries).

If that doesn't work, then try System Restore from the disc and restore to a point before this happened.

If that doesn't work, then try a repair install of W10:  "How To Perform a Repair Installation For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10"
    https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-8-and-8-1.html

If that doesn't work, then try a RESET using the Keep My Files option.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users