Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ibuypower Valkyrie CZ 27 boot hang

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jinaragunlark

jinaragunlark

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:04 AM

Hey!

What seems to be wrong us that the UEFI can't seem to detect the harddrives when determining boot order? That's my best guess. I really have no idea. If I load Bootable media, such as my installation drive, it detects it just fine and all my components are fine and I'm able to format and install as I please.

However, I'm unable to access the UEFI configuration, as the pc just stops.

Twice in the past few days it's been able to work itself out and boot as normal, so I know it's not a harddrive issue, but it's extremely rare.

I formatted and installed a fresh windows on a secondary drive to see if that would help to both avail.

I have a video showing what happens, but I can't upload it :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:07 AM

Post a link to the video.

You can upload the video to a free file hosting service (I suggest One Drive).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jinaragunlark

jinaragunlark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Atw5jGJvXgtAbV0WlzAzOPYMEXw

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

Have you tried to reset the UEFI?

Try unplugging the system from the wall and wait 10-15 minutes,

Then open up the case and remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds.

Replace it and boot it up - and see what happens.

How about a little history on the system?

When was it built? 

Did you build it or someone else?

Did the builder have a lot or a little experience building systems?

What are the system specs?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 jinaragunlark

jinaragunlark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:19 AM

I have yet to reset uefi. The biggest issue being that it's a laptop. I do agree that resetting it will likely solve the issue. It's getting to the cmos that's the issue.

The system specs are here: http://m.newegg.com/Product/Details?itemnumber=N82E16834227050

I've since changed the 770m to 880m and replaced the original hdd with an ssd just last month.

The system was built by the pros over at iBuypower about 4 years ago. So the system is still fairly new and in great condition. It's been to their shop twice since then, so it's clean and up to date.

Unfortunately, the UEFI needs a firmware update I bet and I can't figure where to get it or how to do it.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:33 AM

I didn't think to look and see if it was a laptop :0(

NewEgg link isn't working

You may want to contact iBuyPower support for assistance with locating the CMOS battery, resetting the BIOS/UEFI, and for BIOS/UEFI downloads.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Support/Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users