Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 Annoying changes to File explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peterlonz

peterlonz

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:29 PM

When I open file explorer I find a page called "Quick Access".

There for anyone using my PC can be seen "Frequent Folders" & "Recent Files".

This is quite unsatisfactory, (I sometimes have kids borrow time on my PC), but basically its' a breach of my privacy over which, here at least, I appear to have no control.

Advice please, workaround, anything I hate this window?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:45 PM

Take a look here: How to Turn Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:36 PM

You should have separate IDs set up for each person.  Then the fields you mention will be only for THEIR IDs, not yours.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

From "Control Panel --> Folder Options" you can disable showing recently use files and folders in Quick access. When you setup another user account for the kids make it Standard for security reasons so they will not able to install program that contains malware. Each user accounts have there own Quick access lists so no other user account can see your quick access lists. You can also use Winaero Tweaker program to disable quick access and enable Favourites list.

GZX2Qlk.png

Edited by FreeBooter, 31 July 2016 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users