Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Custom-made cursors are acting screwy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlpineHell

AlpineHell

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

I've been using a self-made set of really basic custom cursors on my machine for the last few months, and today I updated them. Now my custom cursors act absolutely wild when in use, and only these updated cursors are jumping around, not aligned with the click point when applied. The default system cursors aren't behaving this way (yet).

Does anyone know anything about this, what might cause these new cursors to be misaligned and fidgety?

I captured a gif of my cursor's bad alignment here. It's hard to tell, but instead of being aligned with the top-left of my cursor like before, the pointer is now aligned at the bottom left, and I feel like im missing a setting or something so dang obvious about this.

jwrtLzD.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

I am curious - why did you "update" these cursors ?  Had some recent Windows update caused them to stop working ?  If you still have the original not updated versions have you tried reverting to them ?

If reverting doesn't sort your problem it may be a case of back to the drawing board.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 AlpineHell

AlpineHell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

I am curious - why did you "update" these cursors ?  Had some recent Windows update caused them to stop working ?  If you still have the original not updated versions have you tried reverting to them ?

If reverting doesn't sort your problem it may be a case of back to the drawing board.

Chris Cosgrove

I updated them with some edited versions for better visibility, giving the symbols a bright red and black scheme rather than a light brown+white one.

Reverting them to the original, unedited custom cursors seems to fix the main problem, so that makes me think about if maybe the color-edited versions possibly have a size-related issue I missed, or maybe I did something wrong when converting them from PNG to CUR... I'll have to check that for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users