Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64bit//Logo Splash Boot Loop//BSOD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 bkajiki

bkajiki

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

Hello,

So two days ago, I turned off my computer. I got off from work and turned on my computer, and it started going into a bootloop, I tried booting in safe mode, and tried doing a Repair but the screen blacks out. So then I tried booting from a USB using Kaspersky Rescue disc, the screen blacks out after about 60 seconds or more. I've tried almost every rescue disc and nothing seems to work. I'm at a complete dead end. I've received help on here long ago for the almost same exact issue, so I have come here for aid.

Thanks,

-Brandon

Attached Files

Edited by bkajiki, 29 July 2016 - 03:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:31 PM

Start with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

The BSOD seems suggestive of a hard drive problem - although that shouldn't cause the screen to go black.
The Kaspersky disk loads it's own operating system (not the Windows on your hard drive) - so that shouldn't affect it either.

Another suspicion is an overheating video card.

Can you see if the video card's cooler is clean and free of dirt/dust?  Is the fan for it working also?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 bkajiki

bkajiki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

I'll open the computer, and check the Video Card and run the diagnostics you have provided. The Video card it is rather old. However the only Rescue recovery program that actually doesn't black out is Bitdefender, but the odd thing is if the screen does black out if I tap the power button once the screen comes back on. Maybe my old ATI Radeon is starting to crap out.

I'll come back with an update soon.

Thanks for the reply

-Brandon

#4 bkajiki

bkajiki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

So I started the memtest, and at 38% my screen blacked out. :radioactive:

The fan on the Video Card is running, and no dust in the fan.

Edited by bkajiki, 29 July 2016 - 07:50 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:57 PM

See if you can try another video card.

If you have to purchase one, purchase it from a shop that will let you return it for your money back.

That way, if it's not the card (could be the motherboard, but that's less likely and more difficult to replace), then you won't be out any money.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 bkajiki

bkajiki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

Alright, so I used my old Nvidia GTX card, and it appears the blacking out of the screen was indeed my other one. I'll run the memtest and post the results shortly.

Okay, so I ran memtest the results came back as passed.

I just ran the FarBar recovery tool here are the results.

Mod Edit:  Merged posts - Hamluis.

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   428.79KB   1 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 31 July 2016 - 08:05 AM.

#7 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Alright, so something interesting in the FRST logs:

ATTENTION: ====> ZeroAccess. Use DeleteJunctionsIndirectory: C:\Windows\system64

This suggests a malware infection (Rootkit)

Please create a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forums and follow the posting instructions.

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

OP created new topic, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621656/windows-7-64bitlogo-splash-boot-loopbsod-rootkit-infection.