Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Welcome to Windows 10! stuck at screen

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stone46

stone46

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

my desktop pc just stops at this screen and wont show a cursor or recognize my keyboard so i cant even click the next button so i am effectively locked out of my computer.

looks like that but no cursor

http://imgur.com/5H0eP6D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

If your keyboard or mouse isn't working just unplug the keyboard/mouse and plug it back in and try again. If that doesn't work, just reboot your computer by pressing the power button and turn it on and try again.

Edited by Allen, 29 July 2016 - 09:52 AM.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 stone46

stone46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

If your keyboard or mouse isn't working just unplug the keyboard/mouse and plug it back in and try again. If that doesn't work, just reboot your computer by pressing the power button and turn it on and try again.

tried that, didnt work, also tired unplugging its wired connection to my router.

#4 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

tried that, didnt work, also tired unplugging its wired connection to my router.

Did you try different USB ports on your computer?

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

Try the following. After getting your Repair Options do a System Restore to a date just prior to the problem, not a Refresh or Reset.

1. Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
  2. Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
  3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
  4. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
  5. Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
  6. Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot.

#6 stone46

stone46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

Did you try different USB ports on your computer?

ya my computer has around 12 ports and none of them work.

Try the following. After getting your Repair Options do a System Restore to a date just prior to the problem, not a Refresh or Reset.

1. Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
  2. Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
  3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
  4. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
  5. Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
  6. Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot.

i shall try this in a bit if none of the other things work

#7 stone46

stone46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:34 AM

ok i broke down and with alot of effort and some hard reboots and am now reseting it back to windows 7

#8 stone46

stone46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:39 AM

and it worked yay!

no windows 10 for me then

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

and it worked yay!

no windows 10 for me then

Wise choice. Windows 10 is not for everybody. Some computers do not play well with Windows 10 and you have until 2020 before Windows 7's end of live. By that time you most likely will have a new computer or you can switch the OS to a linux distro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users