Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Find Sleep???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jackz4000

jackz4000

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:36 AM

In Power Options I don't see the option of sleep "when I close the lid"?  I use that option daily several times. The options I see are "shut down, hibernate or restart" when I shut the lid. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:27 AM

See here

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7456-sleep-power-menu-add-remove-windows-10-a.html

#3 jackz4000

jackz4000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:13 AM

Thanks opera. Now it shuts down if I close the lid. I'll give it a try. 

Edited by jackz4000, 29 July 2016 - 10:13 AM.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

Because this was answered, allow me a little joke. First thing I thought of when seeing subject. Glad you got it working.  :bounce:

#5 jackz4000

jackz4000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

Actually I  didn't get it working. I had tried the same thing before. My problem is I don't see a SLEEP option to check or click on anywhere on Power Options. Even when I click on the "change unseen options."  Just no SLEEP anywhere. No sleep anywhere? I get hibernate or shut down etc, no sleep.

Even on the bottom check box...no sleep is listed.

When I close the lid all the little lights go off and I have to power on again. No sleep.

#6 jackz4000

jackz4000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

Finally have sleep. I did a couple restarts. Went from Settings > Power & Sleep > Had sleep as a Power Button Option. Chose it. Restart. Then sleep populated in Close Lid. Feel better. Need sleep.

#7 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

I was actually fooling around with my laptop power settings today too. In your troubles did you happen to figure out a way to turn off a laptop screen but still output video to a monitor via HDMI from laptop? I have a HDMI from laptop to monitor and want to be able to close laptop and just use monitor. It works if I set the monitor to stay on when I close the lid, but I don't want that since it produces more heat. I might make a thread of my own if i can't fix it. Thinking its a setting in the GPU setting instead of OS. 

Edited by Trikein, 30 July 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#8 jackz4000

jackz4000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

You could try "Turn Off Display", but I don't know for sure.

#9 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

you should install latest version of graphic card and chipset drivers as they are the mostly the reason cause the issue buggy driver from any one of those components to cause your issue.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users