Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Virus, can anyone help me identify or solve it?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 andrewhep

andrewhep

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

I have been looking all over the place for what I have. I originally thought it was a problem on NVIDIA's end when I tried to update the driver. I tried running ESETPoweliks, and it found nothing. Here's a running list of everything I can think of that is going wrong at the moment:
  • Random slowing down of computer caused by random 100% disk usage. 
  • Inability to update/install windows or drivers
  • Random disconnections from my wireless (TP-Link adapter) In fact it happened while I was typing this and lost everything I was typing  :smash:
  • Everything running in 32-bit 
  • My anti-virus (360 total security) changed my DNS due to it being malicious
  • After running MiniToolBox, the log told me my hosts were    127.0.0.1       down.baidu2016.com and 127.0.0.1       123.sogou.com and looking into them told me they were adware, but I'm not encountering any problems like adware?
  • No antivirus software I've tried detects it (Anti-malware bytes, total 360 security, avast free, and another I can't remember the name of)
  • Total security told me sysWOW64 (the file in whole) tried to change my startup password. 
I hope any of you can tell me what the problem is. I've been surfing BleepingComputer for a few days before I decided to come for help. If you need any more info, just let me know. Sorry for the rushed sounding topic, I forgot most of what I said when my wireless dropped. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 July 2016 - 12:32 PM.
moved from Malware Removal Logs to Am I Infected. Required logs for MRL not posted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users