Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox closing ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vacuum tube

vacuum tube

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

seems to be firefox only ...i get not responding then it closes ,goes to desk top screen and is not running in task manager. updated etc. google browser does not seem to be affected .hp /win 7 no other issues. it just started today. i uninstalled firefox and will re-install tomorrow.  

Edited by vacuum tube, 28 July 2016 - 08:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:53 PM

The uninstall/reinstall should fix your problem unless you've picked up some malware somehow.  I would've thought you'd have reinstalled before posting here.   Let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

Edited by Niweg, 31 July 2016 - 02:54 PM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

Any other error messages, redirects, or popups when Firefox crashes?  If uninstall doesn't work, or even if it does, I would do a Malwarebytes scan just in case. The two most common things to crash a browser is a bad plugin, or malware of some type. If Malwarebytes finds anything, I suggest this thread to be moved to "Am I infected"

Edited by Trikein, 01 August 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#4 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

i did not re-install fire fox......google seems to be working fine for me. thanks 

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,482 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

I keep firefox working 'cause GChrome won't download 1/2 of the stuff I want to download, where FF has no problem.  "File Security Check Fail" something like that within GChrome.

Edited by RolandJS, 06 August 2016 - 12:06 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#6 protjini

protjini

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

I  experienced the same issue as well. What I did first is shut down the laptop and close all the programs. When I re-opened it, Firefox normally launch and when it goes back to the same issue I will just close and re-open my laptop. Good thing is that Firefox still remembers my browsing history every time it encounters 'not responding' problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users