Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome makes connections to adlockplus but I don't have it.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HairyApricot

HairyApricot

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:01 PM

Noticed this a few times so I wanted to try and figure it out. The address is usually filter21.adblockplus.org or something similar. Can't seem to easily reproduce it, its only happened a few times that I have seen. I don't think adlockplus was ever installed on this pc, it was always Ublock Origin. Any help is appreciated :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:14 PM

Your ad blocker may be using Adblock Plus servers to update its list of ad servers it blocks....Hostname: easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org

Can you view what lists of ad servers your ad blocker uses? If so, I'm sure you will see the easylist.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

Ublock origin uses adblocker plus's filters. The only major thing that is different is the way it blocks using the filter. This is why ublock or ublock origin is much faster than adblocker plus, but it blocks the same ads :)

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#4 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:00 AM

Ublock origin uses adblocker plus's filters. The only major thing that is different is the way it blocks using the filter. This is why ublock or ublock origin is much faster than adblocker plus, but it blocks the same ads :)

-CKing

Oh it does? Excuse my ignorance but why would adblock let them use their own servers and filters? Also thank you for the reply :)

Edited by HairyApricot, 29 July 2016 - 06:00 AM.

#5 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:02 AM

Your ad blocker may be using Adblock Plus servers to update its list of ad servers it blocks....Hostname: easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org

Can you view what lists of ad servers your ad blocker uses? If so, I'm sure you will see the easylist.

Yup, there it is, EasyList filter, I feel silly now XD

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:13 AM

........I feel silly now XD

Reminds me of something that was said way way back on a TV show. Could of been Groucho, Hope or Skelton. After telling a lady to reach in his

pocket for the keys or something....she said "I feel silly doing this".....he quickly replied "Reach further and you will feel nuts"

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:33 AM

........I feel silly now XD

Reminds me of something that was said way way back on a TV show. Could of been Groucho, Hope or Skelton. After telling a lady to reach in his

pocket for the keys or something....she said "I feel silly doing this".....he quickly replied "Reach further and you will feel nuts"

Well that was not the reply I was expecting XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users