Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

website closing browser on tablet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

So, my wife has a couponing hobby that I wont go into details on...  :smash:

She's been having trouble with her laptop, another long story, but she bought a cheap $30 tablet in order to do that sort of stuff.  There's a website called the krazy coupon lady that she uses.
the problem on the tablet is that using that page closes the browser after a very short amount of time. 

The tablet is iNova ex756 and it has android version 4.4.2

We've tried the built in browser, opera, and dolphin... I'm downloading/installing chrome to see if that will be different.  Doesn't matter so far, they all shut the browser down on that one website.  It SEEMS to be just that one page so far.  I've had dolphin tell me it couldn't find some pages even when I've typed them in correctly.  suggested a refresh but still nothing sometimes.  Not sure about any of that.  I just opened opera and am exploring amazon with no issue so far.
What would cause a browser to shut down?  Is it just the website?  Or a conflict between the site and the device?

That site has an app as well but it apparently isn't compatible with this device.  Looking at the app on my pc it says the version of andriod depends on the device.  I was going to have her try that instead of browsing the website but it looks like that wont be a solution.
I just tried opera again... it let me explore amazon, my own website for a while... then I went to the coupon lady site and it let me browse or a minute or two before it just closed the whole browser again.
Whether it's this one site or not, anyone have any ideas why the browser would just close on its own?

Okay, just tested out Chrome as well...  this time it did something the others didn't and allowed a popup, likely asking a visitor to sign in, and then it closed the browser completely as well.
So, this is happening with at least 4 different browsers and all on that one website.
Not on PC's but on this tablet.
I wouldn't mind telling my wife to forget about the site but, that's not how things work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nzyme

Nzyme

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

Just checked on my Firefox browser with Adguard turned on and did not see this happening. Try installing an app called Adguard and then check on the Firefox browser. Let me know the result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users